FALL FESTIVAL November 18, 2023
- Music Festival Registration Form for all Teachers (PDF)
- Strings Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Duet Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Piano Evaluation Form (PDF)
The Music Festival is a noncompetitive festival sponsored by the Wichita Falls Music Teachers Association to encourage memorization and performance of quality piano and string literature.
Who may enter: The Festival is open to piano and string students of teachers in Wichita Falls and surrounding areas.
*May enter one or two memorized pieces.
*Exception: Sonata/Sonatina pieces up to three movements.
*Ensemble duets – four hands, one piano. Two students (not teacher and students). May use music if needed.
*May play from memory, or use their music.
Performance time should not exceed a total of five minutes. If more time is needed, a double fee should be paid.
Before the Festival:
- Teachers must enroll students as a group. Fees are not refundable and must be included with the registration.
- The teacher should send one check made payable to the Wichita Falls Music Teachers Association (WFMTA).
- Teachers will be notified about the scheduled time for the group.
- Teachers should copy the evaluation sheet, complete one for each of their students, and bring it with them to the Festival.
On the Festival Day:
- Students should bring music with them. No Xerox copies are permitted.
- Teachers should sign in at the registration desk and receive their students’ name tags and ribbons.
- Students will meet their teacher in the “gathering area” to wait until called by a monitor to go to the playing area.
- There will NOT be an opportunity to use the practice rooms. Encourage your students to warm up before arriving.
- Each student will play privately for a single judge. Teachers, parents, and friends may not be in the room.
- Every student will receive a rating card and ribbon.
Students of WFMTA members – $10.00
Students of non-WFMTA members – $12.00
Deadline: Saturday, November 4, 2023 – Late entries will not be accepted.
Mail check and registration form to:
4210 Briar Cliff
Wichita Falls, TX 76309
WFMTA members should be prepared to monitor a two-hour shift. We will also host a pot-luck luncheon for the judges at noon.