Sonatina / Sonata Festival
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Midwestern State University, Fain Fine Arts Center
The Sonatina/Sonata Festival is a noncompetitive festival sponsored by the Wichita Falls Music Teachers Association to encourage memorization and performance of quality sonatina/sonata literature.
Who may enter: The Festival is open to piano students of teachers in Wichita Falls and surrounding areas.
Repertoire requirements: Students may enter one or more memorized movements of a sonatina or sonata. Performance time should not exceed a total of five minutes. If more time is needed, a double fee should be paid.
Before the festival: Teachers must enroll students as a group. Fees are not refundable and must be included with the registration. The teacher should send one check made payable to the Wichita Falls Music Teachers Association (WFMTA). Teachers will be notified about the scheduled time for the group. Teachers should copy the evaluation sheet, complete one for each of their students, and bring it with them to the Festival.
On the Festival Day:
- Students should bring music with them. No Xerox copies are permitted.
- Teachers should sign in at the registration desk and receive their students’ nametags and ribbons.
- Students will meet their teacher in the “gathering area” to wait until called by a monitor to go to the playing area.
- There will NOT be an opportunity to use the practice rooms. Encourage your students to warm up before arriving.
- Each student will play privately for a single judge. Teachers, parents, and friends may not be in the room.
- Every student will receive a rating card and ribbon.
Students of WFMTA members – $7.00
Students of non-WFMTA members – $9.00
Deadline: Saturday, February 17, 2018 – Late entries will not be accepted.
Mail check and registration form to:
4210 Briar Cliff
Wichita Falls, TX 76309
WFMTA members should be prepared to monitor a two-hour shift. We will also host a pot-luck luncheon for the judges at noon.